● 3 eggs + 1 additional egg white, all at room temperature
● ¾ cup almond milk, at room temperature
● ¾ cup cream, at room temperature
● 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
● 3 tablespoons clarified butter or ghee, melted
● 2 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
● ¼ cup almond flour, packed (Honeyville Farms works best for these)
● 1 cup tapioca flour
- It’s very important to have all ingredients at room temperature before beginning. Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Place the eggs and egg white into a blender container and blend on medium-low speed until very light in color and somewhat thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add almond milk and cream and blend to combine. Remove lid and pour in the dry ingredients.
- Blend again until thoroughly combined, turning the machine off and scraping down the sides of the container with a rubber spatula once or twice.
- Add one tablespoon of the melted butter or ghee and blend one more time to combine.
- Pour about ½ teaspoon of melted butter or ghee into the bottom of each cup in a standard 12-cup muffin tin. Place the muffin pan into the hot oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, quickly closing the oven door so as not to allow the heat to escape, and fill each cup with batter about 2/3 of the way full. Return the filled muffin pan to the hot oven on the middle rack, and set a timer for 20 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN AT ANY TIME DURING BAKING OR YOUR POPOVERS WILL FALL/DEFLATE! After 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350° and reset the timer for an additional 10 minutes.
- When puddings/popovers come out of the oven, pierce each one with the tip of a knife or a skewer to allow the steam to release. Serve immediately.