- 3 eggs + 1 additional egg white, all at room temperature
- ¾ cup almond milk, at room temperature
- ¾ cup cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter or ghee, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- ¼ cup almond flour, packed (Honeyville Farms works best for these)
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- It’s very important to have all ingredients at room temperature before beginning.
Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Sift the coconut flour through a sieve into a small bowl. Add almond flour, tapioca flour and salt and whisk together to combine.
- Place the eggs and egg white into a blender container and blend on medium-low speed until very light in color and somewhat thickened, about 2 minutes. Add almond milk and cream and blend to combine. Remove lid and pour in the dry ingredients. Blend again until thoroughly combined, turning the machine off and scraping down the sides of the container with a rubber spatula once or twice. Add one tablespoon of the melted butter or ghee and blend one more time to combine.
- Pour about ½ teaspoon of melted butter or ghee into the bottom of each cup in a standard 12-cup muffin tin. Place the muffin pan into the hot oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, quickly closing the oven door so as not to allow the heat to escape, and fill each cup with batter about 2/3 of the way full. Return the filled muffin pan to the hot oven on the middle rack, and set a timer for 20 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN AT ANY TIME DURING BAKING OR YOUR POPOVERS WILL FALL/DEFLATE! After 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350° and reset timer for an additional 10 minutes. When puddings/popovers come out of oven, pierce each one with the tip of a knife or a skewer to allow the steam to release. Serve immediately.