● 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
● 1 large sweet onion, (we use Vidalia)
● thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
● 1 Almond Flour Flatbread (see Almond Flatbread recipe)
● 1 bag Fresh spinach
● 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook until the onion is golden brown; stir in salt and garlic. Remove onion from skillet; set aside.
- Prepare Almond flatbread. ( use a spatula to smooth out very, very thin)
- When Flatbread is cooked, top with spinach and caramelized onion and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.