- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, or plum tomatoes in puree, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ pack spiral brown rice pasta
- Heat the olive oil in a large (12-inch) skillet. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute scraping up all the brown bits in the pan, until almost all the liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cover, and simmer on the lowest heat for 15 minutes.