- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil. A couple of tablespoons or so. Enough to lightly and evenly coat the fries
- Salt (Powdered Garlic is great as well). It’s up to you!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into fry-shaped pieces. Try to cut them into similarly sized pieces so the fries will bake evenly.
- Toss the uncooked fries into a mixing bowl or just onto your baking sheet. Pour in a few tablespoons of olive oil, enough to lightly coat the fries. Season with salt, and spices you like. Pour the fries directly onto a dark, non-stick baking sheet.
- Arrange your fries in a single layer and don’t overcrowd, otherwise they will never crisp up.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the fries so they can cook on all sides. Bake for 10 to 15 more minutes, or until the fries are crispy. You’ll know they’re done when the surface of the fries change from shiny orange to a more matte, puffed up texture. It’s essential to bake them long enough, otherwise they won’t be crispy.