- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 small organic onion
- 1 can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 can organic kidney beans (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Brown ground beef (or you can use ground Turkey) in a large pot over med-high heat, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat as it cooks. Drain off the fat and add the chopped onion. Continue cooking (and stirring) until the onion is translucent. Add the remaining ingredients (adjust spices to your liking) and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat to warm, cover and let it simmer. You can add low fat sour cream on top and chopped spring onions if you like.