● 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
● 1 small organic onion
● 1 can organic crushed tomatoes
● 1 can organic kidney beans (optional)
● 1-2 tablespoons chili powder
● 1 teaspoon cumin
● 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Brown ground beef (or you can use ground Turkey) in a large pot over med-high heat, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat as it cooks. Drain off the fat and add the chopped onion.
- Continue cooking (and stirring) until the onion is translucent. Add the remaining ingredients (adjust spices to your liking) and bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat to warm, cover, and let it simmer. (You can add low-fat sour cream on top and chopped spring onions if you like).