- 1 pound white cod fillets
- 3 large eggs
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 pinches garlic powder (optional)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Butter
- Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl to blend and spices. Dip into the egg mixture and lift to let the excess drip off.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drip a few drops of egg in the oil to make sure it is hot enough. Cook until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a large platter, cover loosely with foil, and continue with the remaining fish filets. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, if needed.
- Add the lemon juice in the skillet and let it boil until reduced about half. Place the fish back in the sauce and add butter and sprinkle parsley over top. Turn to coat and serve hot.
- Optionally you can add capers and/or artichoke hearts to the pan with the fish for a little more depth.