● Almond Flatbread Recipe ( make crust super thin)
● 1 Tablespoon olive oil
● 2 cloves roasted garlic, finely chopped
● 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
● 2 plum tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, diced into halves or quarters or sliced (or any the tomato you like)
● a handful of fresh basil
● fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Prepare the almond flatbread including preheating the oven to 350 degrees. (remember to make it as thin as possible)
- Mix the olive oil and chopped garlic together in a small dish. Spread olive oil/garlic mixture on top of the cooked Almond Flatbread. Top with the fresh mozzarella cheese slices, then the tomato slices. (you can use shredded Mozzarella as well)
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes ( or until cheese is melted to your liking)minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling. At the last minute, I move the oven rack to the top rack to really brown the edges. That’s optional.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil leaves ( we like to chop them finely) and salt & pepper to taste. Slice pizza and serve immediately.