- 2 ripe Beefsteak tomatoes (large firm ripe)
- 8 oz. fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Remove a thin sliver from side of tomato (so it sits securely on a plate). Slice the tomato with a
sharp knife (only ¾ of the way to the bottom with each slice) do not slice all the way down.
Make a slice about every ¾ of an inch. Slice the fresh mozzarella into rounds and insert gently
inside the tomato where it was sliced. Add and insert basil leaves in each slice. Drizzle with
EVOO and or / balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.