- 2 ripe Beefsteak tomatoes (largefirm ripe)
- 8 oz. fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Remove a thin sliver from side of tomato (so it sits securely on a plate).
- Slice the tomato with a sharp knife (only ¾ of the way to the bottom with each slice) do not slice all the way down. Make a slice about every ¾ of an inch.
- Slice the fresh mozzarella into rounds and insert gently inside the tomato where it was sliced.
- Add a basil leave in each slice., Drizzle with EVOO and or / balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.
Search for More Recipes