- 8 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 oz fresh asparagus
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a pan with non-stick foil and place tomatoes on the foil. Place on middle rack in the oven and cook for 8 to 12 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, heat a large pan over medium high heat on the stove. Pour olive oil in the pan and let heat.
- While oil is heating wash and dry the asparagus and cut off stems or undesirable ends. Slice each veggie in half, for easier eating. When oil is hot, add veggies to pan. Let cook for a couple of minutes. Add in the pine nuts and then salt and pepper and garlic powder, to taste (I probably added about 1/8 tsp of each). Let cook until veggies are el dente (cooked but firm).
- Add sundried tomatoes to the pan. Toss in the Parmesan and then place into two serving dishes. Add fresh lemon juice to taste (I just used one little wedge and it was perfect).
- Cook the egg with a touch of butter in the hot pan and add a little water and place lid on top to steam (I like mine basted, but cook however you prefer). Make sure yolk in runny so it makes a great sauce.
Search for More Recipes